So I'm brand new to the community and just found Mobility WOD in a desperate search to solve issues I have had for the past 8 years and I am only 26 years old. It has run my life and I'm tired of it affecting my mood, relationships, athletic ability, balance, coordination, and work.
When I am feeling my symptoms:
- I lose almost half the strength in my L glutes and supporting myself becomes a chore
- My L foot feels weak and the arch drops, and sometimes cramps. My foot will spay outwards too.
- My hips, hamstrings, glutes, low back and core get really effin' tight (More so than usual)
- My trigger points are on the top left of what I assume the QL is, all the muscle surrounding my illiac crest, the front of my hip, and my TFL
- I suffer from a drastic loss of balance and mobility on the left side.
- If I sit with my feet straight out or spread, and try to maintain an upward seated posture, my TFL on L side will cramp hard
- I am really weak in a staggered position where my L foot is in front of my R.
- The mechanics of my L leg are WAY out of whack, and when severe, it feels like the ball of my femur is not sitting in the socket correctly. There can even be sharp pain in the groin where the femur fells like its pinching something. When I feel this, I will squeeze a yoga block between my knees and feel a "pop" on the L side of my groin which will relieve some pressure.
The SI Joint on the L side feels like the golden triangle of where the majority of my issues come from. Sometimes I can get it to mobilize, and my strength and balance return, the arch of my L foot will pop back up, the general achey-ness of my Low Back/Hip/Knee/Foot will fade, but all will soon return if I sit or do anything besides stand perfectly. Nothing is a sharp debilitating pain. Just a generic "ache" and horrible tightness down the entire left side of my body starting at the upper-portion of my low back.
My past that seems to have negatively affected my posture includes Soccer, TONS of Mountain Biking (Right foot forward), and Snowboarding/Skateboarding (Left foot forward). Chiropractic used to help, but my adjustments go right back out after I sit down in the car. I am generally REALLY tight, but have obviously been stretching wrong, because I see no progress. I don't know if I need to rip a bunch of facia apart, or even how to do something like that.
I pray someone on here has a basic understanding of what I am going through and any advice on how to effectively use this website. There are SOOO many videos, and I don't know where to even begin. Anyways, I will be eternally grateful for any insight you might have.